The 2022 Asian Games, also known as XIX Asiad (Chinese: 第十九届亚洲运动会; pinyin: Dì Shíjiŭ Jiè Yàzhōu Yùndònghuì), will be a multi-sport event celebrated in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China from 10 to 25 September 2022.Hangzhou will be the third Chinese city to host the Asian Games, after Beijing 1990 and Guangzhou 2010.
The Games will also include athletes from Oceania for the first time after the approval from Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) to compete in sports which qualify for the 2024 Summer Olympics through Asia, including volleyball, beach volleyball, basketball, football and fencing.
JAKARTA - On Friday 24 August, the sailing competition will start at the 2018 Asian Games.
· Sailing made its debut at the Asian Games in 1970 in Bangkok.
· It was not on the program four years later in Tehran, but has since been held at every edition of the Asian Games from 1978 onwards.
· China has won a record 27 gold medals in this sport at the Asian Games. Republic of Korea (21), Japan (16), Singapore (13) and Thailand (10) are the other NOCs to have won 10 or more gold medals in this sport.
· China also leads all NOCs on a record 54 total medals in sailing at the Asian Games. Japan (50), Republic of Korea (46) and Thailand (46) are next on the medal table.
· Republic of Korea (1998, 2002) and China (2002) hold the record of winning six gold medals in sailing at a single Asian Games.
· Japan and Thailand are the only NOCs to have won a medal in sailing at all previous 11 Asian Games when this sport on the program.
· Four athletes have won a record three gold medals in this sport at the Asian Games: Damrongsak VONGTIM (THA), JUNG Sung-Ahn (KOR), KIM Dae-Young (KOR) and Munir SADIQ (PAK).
· VONGTIM (G3-S2-B0) and SADIQ (G3-S2-B0) have also won a record five total medals in this sport, alongside Farokh TARAPORE (IND, G1-S2-B2).
· Indonesia has won two gold medals in sailing at the Asian Games. In 1998 and 2002, Oka SULAKSANA (INA) won the men's mistral heavy event.
· At the Games in Jakarta-Palembang athletes for the laser 4.7 open event must be born between 1 January 2001 and 31 December 2002.
· At the 2018 Asian Games, competitors for the mixed RS:One event must be under the age of 22 years on 31 December 2018 (born after 31 Dec 1996).
MORE INFO SAILING AT ASIAN GAMES:
ASIAN SAILING FEDERATION OFFICIAL WEBSITE
INDONESIAN SAILING FEDERATION OFFICIAL WEBSITE
LASER STANDARD MEN: KHAIRUL NIZAM BIN MOHD AFENDY
LASER RADIAL WOMEN: NUR SHAZRIN BINTI MOHAMAD LATIF
LASER 4.7 OPEN: MUHAMMAD FAUZI BIN KAMAN SHAH
LASER 4.7 OPEN: NOR NABILA NATASHA BINTI MOHD NAZRI
RS-ONE MIXED TEAM: ILLHAM BIN WAHAB
IKUTI PERKEMBANGAN SUKAN ASIA DI STADIUM ASTRO
IKUTI PERKEMBANGAN SUKAN ASIA DI ASTRO AWANI
SEKITAR MAJLIS PENYERAHAN BENDERA: FOTO DARI PADA MAJLIS SUKAN NEGARA